Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Colorado Avenue Update (the long/catch-up version)

I've finally nagged my assistant/editor enough.

I have photos of the new casa!!!

Click here to check out pics of the house while the former owners furniture was still here & a couple of last Saturday (our first full day here).

We closed on Friday at 11:30am & after lunch with Hal, I came home & started moving. I moved a lot of smaller stuff all day until he came home around 7 with a truck to move our larger furniture. We were at it until around 4am--both exhausted.

Saturday morning was a circus. The cable company was scheduled to arrive between 12-3, but they started calling at 8am. I totally let it go to voicemail, only to have him knocking on our front & back door 5 minutes later. I didnt move out of my comfy bed.

10am... still sleeping... another knock on the door. I jump up, throw some clothes on & run to the door ready to cuss the cable guy only to see Hal's parents. After a brief, oh crap, it's your parents yell, they came in for a look.

It wasnt over... we had plenty of work to do. Our friends/neighbors, Casey & Shane, were rockstars and gardening aficionados & helped us get the landscape in great shape. Another fab-friend Richard came by later & it was such a great day to hang out. It is amazing to be in a house we love to have people see!

Sunday night was magical. We have a tin roof on this 1920 home & we experienced our first rain. It sounded so story-book. Love, love, love it.

We're still very sparse on living room furniture since we got rid of some things prior to moving, so Wednesday is a furniture shopping day.

My fingers are broke & I know you're tired of my post at this point.

Ciao!!

7 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Guys.... I'm in a rush and only had a chance to see the pictures - but Oh.My.Gosh. Your new home is about as perfect as it could be. Thank you so much for posting the pictures. It really is such a beautiful place. I am sooo excited for you. There is so much character to it. I love the stain glass address window, the octagonal window in the top corner, the shape of the floors and ceilings, and the french door closets! You are so blessed - it is truly what I aspire to have one day!!! You did so well!!!!!! and you deserve it. I love you both.

Josh

Anonymous said...

Great pics!

Rick Watson said...

Awwe! Your new home is picture perfect! It appears very well kept over the years. It has a crisp clean look. I like that in an older home.

i like the corner lot too and the big yard. The inside of the home is adorable! Soooo homey! The fun part is decorating! You have a nice clean canvas to start with too. I love the porch and the hardwood floors. The kitchen is sooo cute with the little narrow window to dine by while you sip your coffee or tea. The stairway is nice and tall. Is there a room upstairs?

And I must comment on the tin roof story. My dad used to go to my grandma's house in the country specifically just to go upstairs and take a nap under the tin roof, when it was raining of course. I, myself love that constant sound too!

Anyway, congrats on the new home and enjoy every moment of it as I know you will! After you get the interior designed send some more pics. I'd love to see how you're living!

by the way... Molly is so cute! I'm looking forward to Josh and Alan's visit to Louisville this weekend. Not only will I get to see them, but Galileo too! I can't wait to hold him, hug him, and give him lots of kisses!

Peace,
Rick
p.s. - thanks for the comment on my new blog which is SLOWLY coming along! I'll work on it!

Casey said...

Thanks for all the comments so far! There is a small loft type room upstairs (it's the room that has the octagonal window). It's going to be used as an office/room with some soft of convertible sofa/bed so Hal can sleep up there when he gets on my nerves (kidding! or am I?)

I'll definitely post some pics when we get it decorated. It's going to be a slow process it appears. We went to 5 furniture stores today & are having a hard time finding the right pieces.

Anonymous said...

Incredible. The photos seem like they're from a magazine layout. The kitchen/eating area is fab. All the space seems to be used so well. I don't know why I assumed your first home would be a fixer-upper (like ours was).

It is all ready to go for luxurious, happy living! Enjoy!!!

Cause I'm Cat.. said...

Hey Guys! Ok, first of all, the house is AMAZING!!! I cannot imagine two more deserving people!!! I am glad to see you two old, fat, funky and still together!!! (did I write that in my out loud voice)LoL!

Way to go guys!

Casey, you just "alamatime" have good taste! I know you, Hal and "The Cats of the Corn" will be happy for years to come!!! Congrats! Love you so.

Catherine

BartLennon said...

Most excellent, in the photos anyway -- can't wait to see it in person. Congrats again!