Sunday, June 22, 2008

Canada, eh?

Blogging from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan this week. Not my ideal destination, but here I am. To be honest, my first impression of the city has been that of a city mostly built in the 60's/70's... the architecture is just non existant for the most part... aside from my hotel.

The trip here was mostly ok... aside from the annoying 2 y/o who babbled incessantly from Nashville to Minneapolis in the row behind me... it was quite frustrating... luckily the next flight allowed me to have 2 seats to myself.

Sunday's been pretty unremarkable. Although it is the Jazz Fest, it rained today and now that it has stopped, I'm too tired to go out. I left my home in Nashville at 6:30am.

I'm probably going to go to bed earlier tonight than I have in recent memory... I know I'm behind in posting photos of my past trips, but I have my cam this week also and will take pics of the Beirut of Canada...

Hope you all have a great week!

6 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Welcome to Canada, Gurl! I was happy to see your post today. I am very anxious to see what your experience is like there. The hotel is faba-laba-ding-dong! Fit for a diva, for sure! Have a great time. I know you weren't pumped about going, but get out there and make it a good time. If you want to!

Love you, honey puss.

Josh

Dusty Brown said...

You have been tagged! visit my blog for the deets!

Anonymous said...

So Gary is in bed, and I wake him up and ask, "Hey ... HEY! ... what would it mean if someone called a city the "Beirut of Canada?" Now this guy is Mr. Informed, Mr. Current Events, and he puzzled over it as well. Apparently Beirut was hot stuff, but now it isn't. Still, it made me chuckle even though I don't totally get it!

The hotel is gorgeous.

Dusty Brown said...

Hey, now listen, you little bi-atch, my baby Lola is two and she's a doll. LOL!

Casey said...

Well... I can assure you... this child was not being a doll... just an annoying little shit... He needed some Benadryl or Dimetapp or something to make him sleep.

Rick Watson said...

Sasquatch is it? Never heard of it. I'll have to do some google-ing.

Canada is on my to do list. I've never been. Seems to be a quite progressive place to be. And to think it's just right next door to USA. ??