Sunday, June 8, 2008

'Ello, 'Ello!!!

I made it!!! I'm now in Manchester, UK. I'm quite excited about it so far. I got here at 9am local time this morning (3am Central) & luckily was able to check-in upon arriving at the hotel. The hotel is great. My driver from the airport said it is one of the tallest residential buildings in England. The hotel is 23 floors & there are apartments up to floor 48, so I am inclined to believe him.

The weather is surprisingly beautiful. My driver also said it was to be the warmest day here so far this year. Sadly, I was too sleepy to get out & enjoy it for a while... but I finally forced myself to enjoy it around 4pm. I was very glad I did. I took a quick walk and found a ton of stuff around here and the streets were buzzing with people/energy. I am right in the City Centre so plenty to do. It was very nice to sit in Picadilly Square and people watch.

Not too much to report about my travel experience yesterday aside from the fact I took a voluntary bump (with the understanding I'd still get to Philly for my connecting flight) and received a free r/t ticket to anywhere in the US/Canada. Score!!! I actually preferred waiting longer in Nashville rather than Philly, so it worked out great. Oh, I also saw a ZZZ-list former American Idol contestant getting on the plane I got bumped from. He still looks exactly as he did on the show.

I forgot to take my camera out today when I was out & about, but I promise to do better this week.

I'll post more updates as they unfold! TTFN!!

P.S... I had the opportunity to watch 'Juno' on the flight to the UK (which so many of you have talked about) and it was a great movie. I laughed quite a bit... and even got a little emotional sometimes... which is always a good experience for me... I like to run the gamut. If you havent seen the movie, check it out!!!

4 comments:

Rick Watson said...

This trip sounds exciting! You have a whole week to scope out the city! Send us some great pics of the city! I'd love to see!

Have fun and congrats on your free flight ticket. Leaving Josh's in Philly this last time I was offered that option, but didn't take it. I just wanted to get home! But if you're not in a hurry, then it's a great deal!

Josh Middleton said...

Hey, Gurl! I was so excited to see your first Manchester blog. So soon. I'm impressed! You better get it together and take some pictures for us, though!

It sounds like you are having a fabulous time so far. Piccadilly square looks so... European! Have a great time and live it up light a diva is supposed to!

Love you, Gurl!

W

P.S. How funny you saw Chris Sligh!

Anonymous said...

'Ello!! Glad you made it over the big pond with no problems. I hope work goes good for you this week. Make sure to post some pictures!

BartLennon said...

Good stuff - keep us posted.