Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'm out of clever titles

Hey, y'all... It's humpday...and I'm extremely excited about that... I only have 2 more days of training. I have really enjoyed my group this week thus far... they are so different from me... yet, I feel a connection with some of them... my training session the next two days will be with different people though... so I'm starting all over... enough about work

The forecast predicted rain tonight.. but guess what??? i only felt a couple sprinkles.... English weather forecasters lie just as Americans.... I went out for dinner tonight... I ventured out at 8pm... I dont mind eating late, but damn... these people eat early in Manchester... all week I've noticed they stop serving food at 9pm or earlier... I went in a few places that were open...but they stopped serving food at 7pm or so.. but they were still busy with drinkers... it's just odd to me... apparently some futbol championship is going on (im clueless)... and they looked at me like I was crazy... I went in about 5 places before I could find someone still serving food at 8pm... thats crazy to me...

It was a French inspired restaurant, click here to find out about it, I actually liked my meal tonight... the pomme frittes (french fries) were the highlight of the evening. They were seriously in my hungry mind the best fries I've ever had. Delicious.

I came back to the hotel and checked some of your emails... y'all rock... and decided to listen to music that makes me feel like home... (Loretta).... I miss Nashville... but... at the same time... I'm loving Manchester & would encourage anyone reading my blog to visit it at some point on your list... but... it shouldnt be on your top list if you like vibrant 24/7 cities as I do.

I dont even know where to stop on this rant, so I'll just say.. Cheers, mates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey. I was checking out Manchester on the map program "Google Earth" tonight and there's a place to the east of Manchester, sort of going up into the hills, called Hadfield, that looks like beautiful country.

Hope your weekend is enjoyable!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for daily updates to your blog!! I'm enjoying it. :)