Thursday, June 26, 2008

Saska-Storm

Hey, y'all... Not too much excitement to report from Sasktoon, Saskatchewan.

I've had a good week with my training class... only one day left... I'm quite happy about that.

I havent done much this week aside from work. I've still not found anything that fun to do here. I went to the mall yesterday. I always enjoy going to stores that we dont have in Nashville.

I did take a walk down by the river here tonight (which is right behind my hotel)... it was a nice walk... and I stumbled on a free stage of the jazz festivities going on this week. After that, I had dinner at an Italian restaurant that doesnt have a website. It was good, but keeping with the Saskatoon theme, looked straight out of the 70's.

I got home just in time to see a huge storm blow in... it's still happening right now... It looked gnarley enough that I got a little scared and turned on the news... I'm a bit of a wuss about storms sometimes when they are predicting hail and strong winds.

I'm going back to Nashville on Saturday and cant wait... I'm looking forward to getting back in my normal enviro. I cant imagine some of my friends who travel pretty much every week. This past month has taken a toll on me in more ways than one. I love travel, just enjoy it spread out over periods of time and definitely enjoy it more when accompanied by a friend.

Hope you are all doing well.

P.S... my trainees love that I say "you all" and "y'all"... it's so weird.. it's just part of my vernacular, but I've been more aware of how often I say it this week.

2 comments:

Josh Middleton said...

Hey, Gurl. I"m glad you had a chance to get out and explore some while you are there. It doesn't sound like there is much to do at all, though. We'll all be glad to have you back in the states, where you'll hopefully remain for a good time before jetting out again! Talk to ya soon.

W

Rick Watson said...

I'm like you when it comes to storms and tornados. I get a little uneasy, especially when the city wide alarms start blowing. They are so loud and scary sounding.

It just seems we have so many more tornados now than when I was a young one. Maybe it's just than we're all so media-connected!