Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An Avatar kind of weekend.

Wow, is it true that I am posting twice in a week? Yep.

The weekend is over unfortunately, but another one is on the way. This past one was so much fun. Some weekends are very chill for us, but we got out a little more this time.

We had dinner with some friends on Friday night at Korea House. It was my first time eating Korean here in Nashville. It was pretty darn good and we had a great time there and hanging out later with friends, some vino--and my favorite dog, Molly the Boston.

Saturday was fun in my opinion, but really, all we did was go bowling. I bowled like shit--only broke 100 in 1 of 3 games, but it's always fun anyway. Sadly, I was still sore on Monday. Tragic and embarrassing.

Sunday was a highlight. I had put up a brick wall against seeing Avatar. It's totally not the style of movie that typically drives me to the theater. Well, I bucked up on Sunday and went with Hal to the IMAX theater. THE MOVIE WAS AMAZING! It was so beautiful with the animation, 3D and IMAX effects. If you haven't seen it, you should DO IT--at the theater. IMAX would be ideal. It didn't bother me a bit that it was so long. It went by so quickly for this short attention span person. I can't wait to see the sequels.

Sadly I came home and watched the USA/Canada gold medal hockey game. The USA as you well know lost, but on the upside, one of Nashville's players got a silver medal and one of our players got a gold medal--and I freaking love him.

That's about all I've got for you, but GO SEE AVATAR! I mean it.

1 comment:

Josh Middleton said...

You and I are on the same boat about
Avatar. When it first came out I was like, "No way," but when I saw it I fell in love. I didn't mind the length either. Maybe it'll take home best picture at the Oscars tonight!

Two posts mentioning Korean food? Have you found a new favorite? I love spicy foods all the time - but in the winter it's bliss. I love kimchi!

We haven't talked in so long. I'm glad, but now surprised, to hear you guys are keepin' it real in Nashville. It was about a year ago that we were there visiting.

Have a great night.

Smooch,

W.