Wednesday, May 5, 2010




Hey, yo. Here I am again.

Since I last blogged, Easter happened. My great aunt from Detroit came down to East TN to visit, so I also made a brief weekend visit to see her family *and my ladies--my gram and great-gram*. I had a great time seeing them and two sets of twin cousins. Twins are adorable. It's so nice to leave them with someone else though.

Moving on to something totally different, Hal's father was diagnosed with terminal cancer several years ago. We lost him a few weeks ago. He outlived the doctors expectations by about 4 years, so don't ever believe those crazy expiration dates. I'm so lucky to have known such a special--and well known man. It was amazing the support and recognition the family received. The Nashville newspaper even reported it, but I think his sister's post is well said.

I lost my mom 20 years ago from the day of Hal's dad's visitation, but I now realize that it's really not easier if you expect it or if it's sudden. It's a blessing though to know that someone has moved on to something so much better..and Cancer sucks.

Am I a negative Nancy or what? Also, umm, Nashville flooded this weekend. It's UNREAL what happened here. Here's a link to our newspaper if you haven't seen the pictures. Our mayor estimates $1 Billion dollars in damage. WHAT? Crazy.

On a positive note, our part of the neighborhood is fine. Our driveway sucked after the fact, but my boo fixed the important part. Our utility basement barely had any water. We know we're set for... oh, another hundred years--unless it decides to rain more than 25% or our annual rainfall in--two or three days.

Stay dry!

No comments: